Thursday, December 30, 2010

Winter Birthday

Hello!

I was finding it very hard to get back into things (by that I mean cardmaking...LOL)--I just wanted to laze around a bit more. But I have upcoming birthdays to make cards for, so back to the craft room...

I have birthday cards to make for my twin nieces...yikes...2 cards at once!!! Well okay, one at a time, but two in a row and no pause in between...LOL. My nieces are passionate about snowboarding, so I wanted to show their interest in this sport on their cards. I'm going to have fun these cards. By fun, I mean because there is no snowboarding Tilda in the Magnolia collections, I'm going to have to improvise...hee hee...I just love doing this.

I have just finished this project. What do you think? You think my niece will like this?

I've made this into an easel card (my favorite type of card) and mounted it on a gift box.

The card is 6" x 6" (my usual size), so that's the size of the box. I made this into a one-drawer-only box that's 1 3/8" high, so that I can fill it with those Ferrero Rocher and Rondnoir (that's the dark one--yum yum) chocolates that the girls love so much. I can fit 16 pieces of them in the box.


This adorable Magnolia image is Tilda with Gift and she is from the So Jolly & Under the Mistletoe Collection 2009. Magnolia stamps are available from Magnolia-licious and if the item is not in stock, you can ask Diana to order it in for you.

Normally, this Tilda is holding a wrapped gift box, but of course I've replaced it with a snowboard. I got the shape from the internet. I drew it out on a piece of white paper, stamped some swirls and snowflakes on them, covered the entire thing with double-sided scor-tape, sprinkled cool-highlight glitter and then cut out the snowboard shape with a scissor.


I am using this project into the following challenges:

All That Scraps Magnolia Challenge #5 - Winter where you live.
Bunny Zoe's Craft Challenge 6 - Sparkle and Shine.
Magnolia Down Under Challenge # 77 - A gift for you.
Totally Tilda Challenge #12 - Easel card with Tilda.
Passion for Promarkers Week 80 Mega Christmas Challenge - Anything goes.
Paper Sundaes Challenge # 49 - Cut it out!
Top Tip Tuesday Challenge #15 - Get embellishing!
Creative Card Crew - Birthday.
Crafts and Me Challenge #20 - Anything goes.
7 Kids College Fund Challenge #11 - Anything goes.
Crafty Catz Challenge 63 - Your choice (Challenge 57 - spots and stripes).
Allsorts Week 83 - Free and easy, anything goes.
ABC DT Challenge - Baby It's Cold Outside Challenge

This is the look of the inside of the card. That striped DP is light enough that I can write my personal birthday wishes right on it.


Okay I'm done with this one and now back to the drawing board and start on the 2nd card!!! Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by. I appreciate your visit. Hope you're all enjoying this holiday season.


Stamps: Tilda with Gift from Magnolia's So Jolly & Under the Mistletoe Collection 2009, PSX F-1550 Evergreen forest.

DP's: from Hot Off the Press Papar Pizzazz Jackie's Vintage Paper Pad.

Tools: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Ten and Shapeabilities 2010 Snowflake Pendant, EK Success snowflake punches, Martha Stewart double edge punch snowflake trim.

Misc.: Tim Holtz distress ink pad Dusty Concord, Recollections pearls, Vintage Attic Treasures pearls, Jewel Ritz micro-fine glitter cool highlights and lavender on the snowflakes, Martha Stewart crystal fine glitter on the snowboard, wooden button plugs that I purchased at either Michaels or Lee Valley Tools--available at hardware stores too I think.

55 comments:

Bribrie said...

C'est une trés bonne idée cette planche de surf ! Et du coup, y en aura pas 2 itendiques...originale ! Bravooo

Patti Jo said...

AMAZING!!! Love the colors and the snowboard is just perfect! Fantastic layout and she will just love it! Terrific work Norma! Happy New Year!!!

Renkata said...

Amazing box and what a great card.
Fantastoc colours combo!

Unknown said...

Hello Norma, what an amazing new Tilda!! She really looks like she's supposed to be holding that snowboard! Wow, guess what Tilda Magnolia is coming out with next year Christmas season?? LOL!! You should get a copyright on this one HAHAHA!! Anyway, I wish you all the best, happiness and good health for 2011!! Hugs, Frea

Chrissy said...

Oh! this is toooooo, beautiful.Im sure she will love it.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Cordine said...

It's absolutely gorgeous!
She is gonna love it!
Happy new year
Hugs
Cordine

Donalda said...

Hon this is just breath taking. Oh and in my favorite color too. She is going to love this !!!!!!! Big hugs and Happy New Year

Anonymous said...

Красота потрясающая!!!Очень здорово!И С НОВЫМ ГОДОМ!

Anonymous said...

Очень красиво!!!С НОВЫМ ГОДОМ!

XxJULESxX said...

Hi Norma, this is just stunning!!! and i LOVE the colour combo!!!

creacora said...

wow Norma this easelcard is Gorgeous the snowboard and the background so beautiful I love it !!

have a happy new year !!

Hugs Cora

Martina said...

What a great idea and what a great card!! Love the colours, how you made the snowbpard and the whole idea plus shape of the card! Just stunning!
Happy 2011 to you!
Martina

Ronda Archangelo said...

Norma...love your colors & how you added the snowboard. You are the cleverist!!

Summite said...

They are vey lucky nieces. This card is so full of ingeniosity (excuse my writing) All the details are there. Wow it's a gorgeous card, Congrat....

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Norma, what a gorgeous card and very inventive too lol!. I love the image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining in with our Mega Christmas challenge over at PFP. Hugs, Denise x
Hope you have a wonderful 2011 x

Card Crazy said...

What a wonderful card. All the details are perfect. She's going to love it! TFS
Sue S.

Rene said...

They are going to LOOOOVE it! How clever...she looks like she was created to hold that snowboard!
Rene :D
Happy New Year!

Cami said...

Gorgeous easel card/drawer box for your niece's Birthday, filled with yummy chocolates! How creative to improvise and place that snowboard in Tilda's hands! The DPs are lovely as I like the colors, and all the embellies you used. Your niece will LOVE this, Norma! Can't wait to see the next card! Happy New Year! Hugs, Cami

Candy said...

Oh Norma,
Your niece is going to LOVE her card/box!!
It is fantastic. What a GREAT snowboard :o) It looks so real and you put such great stamps on it and the sparkle!!
Tilda is BEAUTIFUL and your colours are fantastic. LOVE the large snowflake.
Happy New Year - hugs, Candy

Anonymous said...

Norma, I think you've got some mojo going! This is gorgeous! I love the purples you used and that sweet snowboard you created. Your niece is the luckiest girl to receive this! As always, AWESOME work!! hugs, Angela

Happy New Year!!

Christina C. said...

OMG, Norma, this is brilliant and sooooooo creative!!!! Such a magnificent project....your niece will surely treasure this!!!

Myrna said...

You just never know what creative idea you will have come up with next for a card! What a super, amazing idea to do for a special one of a kind card. I'm sure your nieces will love their cards!

LindaC said...

This is SO awesome! Love how you made the present into a snowboard...clever. The purples are perfect. Great job! LC

Pam said...

Norma... your card/box is awesome. Love everything about it and you did a fantastic job on creating the snowboard! Your neice will love it.
Hugs from Indiana,
Pam:)

Barb Hardeman said...

Beautiful!!! This is just so beautiful! Your are the queen of easel box cards (mine is still sitting by my computer) You have an awesome knack of putting together different papers and images. I think your niece is going to love this card forever!!!!
Hugs to my amazing friend,
Barb

Unknown said...

Hi Norma...seriously, where do you come up with these incredibly great ideas???!! You are brilliant!!!! I love this card...the colors are so pretty...and the snowboard replacing the original gift is truly inspired!! Your neice is going to love this...oh, and the candy is the perfect touch!!! Happy New Year...Pat Frank

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Norma!
Happy New year from Aussie. How nice to wake up on a new year and see this eye candy.
Where to start!!!! Fantabulous work.
I looooove the colors and all those gorgeous snowflakes. The background nestabilites label with the snow trees looks amazing. I love how you have the snowflake border around the edge of the box and as a feature on the front. Ha! love the sentiment. I'll be singing that all day now.
Your coloring is out of this world.
My hubby Doug is a fan of your cards and says you are a genious.
I think so too.
Did I mention the snowboard???
What a knockout. simply wonderful
Hugs Maz

MyAuntKath said...

Wow, do I love this card! I love the background and how you stamped that ! Love the colors. Great job. Kathie

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [01 Jan 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Isa said...

Wowwwwwww !!! Nice nice nice !!

Happy New Year !! :)

Isa-Lozano ( Spain )

Kathy Gerace said...

Way to go, Norma! You picked the perfect Tilda to put snowboard in her arms! It fits perfectly. Great job coloring, as always.
Huggeroonies,
Kathy

Sandy said...

What a neat idea and it looks so cold too. Beautiful work! Happy New Year!
Sandy

Anonymous said...

WOW, is really all I can say about your project. You did a great job. Love how you did it all. How do you replace images? I have never done that before. Where can I find how to make that box?

Happy New Year!
Lisa V.
fitmom1@cox.net

Jessica said...

Hi I just love the box. I would like to know how big is the drawer? Is the size before folding into a 8 x8 or what. Please let me know. Thanks!
Jessica
kiddo7@comcast.net
www.facebook.com/jessica.justice3

Michele Roos said...

Such a gorgeous card. Love the colours and the design also. Thanks for joining in with our Mega Christmas challenge at PFP. Happy New Year Hugs Michele x

Bastelfrosch's Kreativseite said...

This is absolutly.
I wish you a happy new year.
Annette

Sharon Caudle said...

OMG!!!! You are amazing and sooooo talented and creative!!!! She is going to adore this card! Who the heck wouldn't??!! Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!!
hugs, Sharon

Unknown said...

Wow! This blew me away. It is truly a gorgeous creation :)

Unknown said...

WOWZERS!! What an awesome Easel Card gift box you have here!! I love the Snowboarding tune too:-) Thanks so much for joining in the MDUC challenge this week:-)
Hugs
Karen
xxx

coops said...

wow this is fantastic norma.i love the image and colours and so many beautiful details.
thanks for playing in our mega christmas challenge at PFP :D

xx coops xx

Zoe said...

Wow Norma you are an absolute inspiration! I just LOVE the colours. So hard to colour with purples but wow you rocked it! How adorable is that snow board! heehee May you have a fabulously creative year. hugs xxoo

Becca said...

Can I be one of your nieces please?! I love EVERYTHING about this card! You are one talented lady! Hugs Becca

Mel said...

Hello Norma, wow just a stunning card your nieces are just gonna love them! Mel x

Karina said...

You made a gorgeous card with a lovely color combination and a sweet image. Fantastic artwork! Thank you so much for joining us at Paper Sundaes last week.
Karina

Julie said...

Norma - this is awesome!! Love how you've inserted the snow board!! Your colours and papers are fabulous too!! Thanks for sharing it with us at PFP for our mega challenge, Juliexx

Teresa said...

A reallysweet creation thank you for joining in at crafts and me this xmas.
Teresax

Tara Godfrey said...

Oh My Gosh!!!! Norma I can't begin to tell you how much I loooovvvveee this stunning card! It is absolutlye fabulous!!!!!I love the snowboard that you have added in...it looks brilliant and the colours are stunning all the details are just gorgeous and Tilda is coloured flawlessly! What a fabulous gift and a yummy one at that...I love chocolates too,smile!
Thank you so much for joining us at MDUC!
Hugs,t

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how many of the same stamps we have! I love this old row of trees from PSX! Just fab behind your sweet Tilda! She is so cute in purple and carrying her snowboard... what a cutie and there's that snowflake again! Beautiful creation! Love how you used the labels ten too... so creative! thanks for sharing Norma!
Pam Going Postal

Justine said...

Yippee this is outstanding Norma, I am so in love with that Snowboard. Such a wonderfully creative mind you have. Thank you so much for joining us at ABC Toys & Crafts, we are so blessed to get to come and be inspired by you. Hugz

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Norma
A stunning card,thankyou for joining us at Craftycatz,
Hugs Dianne xx

Suzanne said...

A fantastic project. Absolute gorgeousness. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Shut the front door! This project is out of this world amazing!! Every detail just takes my breath away!! Hands down, one of the most beautiful projects I've EVER seen!! Thank you so much for playing with us at ABC Toys & Crafts, and I look forward to seeing more of your beautiful work!

Tracy Valure said...

Oh wow Norma!! I saw your latest post but missed this one somehow. I LOVE the purples in this and that snowboard is just tooo cute. Makes me want to go skiing! (ok so I ski a little and read alot when I go lol) Anyways, love you creations and wanted to let you know I left you an award on my blog. http://tracysstampingcorner.blogspot.com

Tracy Valure

Jacilynn said...

I love the switcharoo! super cute idea.
Thanks for playing at ABC Toys & Crafts!
Jacilynn

Anonymous said...

fantastic love your ideas

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...